I stopped at the grocery store yesterday to stock up on my weekly produce.
I picked up bananas, kale, an avocado, 2 cucumbers, 2 mangoes, a peach, a tomato, a lemon, organic Fuji apples, sugar snap peas, a pineapple, carrots, ginger root and spinach.
I also bought cage-free eggs, quinoa, feta, Larabars and poppy seeds.
I found a fun new (to me) product - HyVee Organic Refried Black Beans with Roasted Red Jalapenos. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it, but it sounds delish.
My fabulous niece, Brynn, also got a special treat - Mom’s Best Cereals Blue Pom Wheat-Fuls. She loves this cereal! I like it because it’s made with few ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup and whole grains. The company also purchases wind energy credits. I’m not a huge cereal eater, but I occasionally like to have a bowl of cereal as a treat. Blue Pom Wheat-Fuls is definitely my top choice! Yum!
Here are some things I’m planning to make this week:
- Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Pancakes with Strawberries
- Spicy Tilapia with Mango Salsa
- Avocado Kale Salad topped with carrots, red pepper, tomato, white beans, pepitas and tahini
- Grilled Peach and Pecan Salad
- Quinoa Burgers with Pesto
- Mango and Coconut Smoothie
It’s going to be a delicious week!
What healthy and delish meals do you have planned for the week?